How can we improve Google Cloud Platform?

Allow SMTP to Office 365 (smtp.office365.com)

Your blocking of standard SMTP ports seems reasonable until you realize that outgoing e-mail can still be sent through G Suite mail servers and not Office 365 mail servers. My domain e-mail that I want to send mail through (low volume) is hosted at Office 365. I'm not going to move it to G Suite just for one little use. I don't see what, if anything, this has to do with IP reputation since smtp.office365.com requires login information. I was excited to use Google Compute Engine until I discovered this annoying fact. Now I'm going to have to use AWS or Softlayer.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steven HazlettSteven Hazlett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mats PlanbergMats Planberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you Steven. What a petty way by Google to shut out Office 365 users? I had everything set up and was doing thru some last tests before going into production and didn't first understand why emails couldn't be sent. Now I will have to look at an Azure server instead. Too bad, I liked GCP, but this is not acceptable.

Feedback and Knowledge Base