How can we improve Google Cloud Platform?

Prepay for use on Google Cloud

One of the fears everyone has is that we'll start learning on GCP and we'll get a bill for $700,000 at home when a bad line of code spawns up 2million nodes on earth and mars.

I'd like to buy $500 increments in Google Cloud Credits. Then when i hit that limit, you cut me off. This allows to learn safely.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Robertson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a brilliant idea. When will it be implemented? If we can prepay credits, this makes it easier for claims to be made in certain business context. In the place I work at, easier to apply for a pot of money to do a self contained project rather than have a rolling bill.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And please expose that "cut me off" functionality as an API so that I implement a Function that triggers the "cut me off" for specific projects under certain customer defined circumstances.

• Eric Hawthorne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that Google Cloud Payment FAQ says that I can make a manual payment, and can make it for larger than current charges owed. Is there a limit on such in-advance payment? The reason I ask is we have fiscal-year-attached money and would like to pre-pay for some Cloud AI use.

• Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support prepaid credit along with acceptance of prepaid Mastercard/Visa cards. No risk for Google and no risk for end users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base