Google Cloud Platform

Welcome to the Google Cloud Platform idea forum! You can submit and vote on ideas here to tell the Google Cloud Platform team which features you’d like to see.

This forum is for feature suggestions. If you’re looking for help forums, look here:

We can’t wait to hear from you!

1. Provide an unique way for feature requests

The current way of providing feature requests is not clear. There is uservoice forum, internal issue tracker(not applicable for us), external issue trackers which is not cared a lot since there is an internal tracker as well, emails, github issues which I provided many times for some projects like firebase.

This situation is really cumbersome and confusing. Please provide a single place for all requests.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. logs in .csv

Hi, I would like to request a feature that allows owners/ writers of the project to download logs generated by cloud-storage-analytics@google.com in either .xls or .csv rather than in octet/stream.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Introduce a more streamlined UI for Cloud Build post-build operations

I know that right now Cloud Build is still in Beta but I think that throwing out feedback is always helpful.

After a build has finished, a new container is created in the container registry.

The problem is that from there a user has to go completely somewhere else to create a deployment logic.

In our specific case we're toying with deploying to Instance Groups based on those containers but I'd like to have a wizard-like UI that guide me through the whole process and available options.

For example:

1. Set up a trigger from Cloud Build
    2. Wizard: What…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stackdriver monitoring metrics for Cloud NAT

Currently it is not possible to monitor the port utilization of Cloud NAT.
    It only has log entries when packets dropped, even the log-based metrics can not figure out if there is a lack of port numbers for the first time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Web SFTP/File Browser for VMs

We are running some jobs on our machines that generate a number of CSV output files. Best practice is to automate fetching of these files, however on occasion it would be nice to have a quick and dirty approach where we could browse the file system of our machine and download the needed files through the web browser, similar to your great web based SSH client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Matthew, thanks for filing this. Unfortunately the “defects” sub areas of UserVoice are kind of defunct and we’re hoping to close them, as it’s not really staffed for interactive support. That said, I’ve flagged this post to the GCF PM to take a look at. For future reference, our primary place for bug filing is here:

https://issuetracker.google.com/savedsearches/559729

(you can find links to all the issue tracker areas from: https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers)

7. Cloud Shell I-Beam Cursor

Block cursor is hard to work with. Especially when using magnifying on browsers (for example 125%). Please give us option of I-Beam type cursor if it is not hard to implement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. cheaper cloud filestore with low performance

Cloud Filestore is a mountable NFS with good performance. It has two tiers, currently $0.30/GB/mo for super fast and $0.20/GB/mo for fast. Our use case is 100TB of 500k-10MB files that gets randomly accessed, but has a very low speed and IOPS requirement; we are paying a mere $0.04/GB/mo to host this on an old NetApp filer at Rackspace, we don't care about the speed just that it works and has reasonable access latency. It would be nice if Google had a slower tier of NFS that was cheaper and let people with large file repositories (that for whatever reason…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Alternative to credit card for USING GCP

Hey I'm a student and relatively new to cloud and as a student I CAN NOT afford a credit card and it's not easy to get credit card in my country when you are still a student.
    I understand GCP can't accept debit cards due to VBV or requiring OTP for payment which conflicts with auto pay but that should not be the reason to kick out user as a whole from the service if they can't verify with a credit card?

What if GCP instead allowed user to verify using debit cards and let the user buy a subscription…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add option for natural sort in tables (or make it default)

Sometimes we started with instances like

node-1
    node-2

and so on. Today, due to scaling, we have a lot of node-10, node-11 instances.

The problem here is the order of the data, as there's no option for natural sort. The instances appear like this in the overview:

node-1
    node-10
    node-11
    node-2
    node-3

That's unmanageble at some point. We're still waiting for the "rename instances" feature, that also could help with this problem. But I guess the sort order will be a less painful task for the GCP engineers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ftp_listing not working in PHP GAE

There is a bug where ftp_nlist() in PHP GAE fails to work sometimes.

This affects our applications. I have a scheduled task (cron) that will regularly check a remote FTP server for any new events and download the files. Yes, I am using ftp_pasv(). At the very least I'd like to know what's causing this error because the error returned is "unknown".

The error I keep seeing:
    Warning: ftp_rawlist(): bind() failed: Unknown error 4294967295 (-1) in /base/data/home/apps/s~striped-antler-117423/1.391621080411061890/ftp.php on line 28

To fix this issue, You guys need to install a patch. Please go through the below link,
    http://www.elitehosts.com/blog/php-ftp-passive-ftp-server-behind-nat-nightmare/

If you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include Pakistan in CDN location

Include Pakistan in CDN location. We can help you in implementation

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a "notARobot" field to Google Plus OAuth tokens for users who have paid money for Google products

Bot accounts are a big problem for apps and social media sites. One effective means of combating these is to subject users to captchas, which is not ideal for user experience, and it is sufficiently cumbersome that it is almost never used for frequent actions such as voting. Another method is to use email verification, but this is not terribly effective as the cost of creating an email account for a bot are very low. To be effective, bot detection mechanisms need to be high-cost to circumvent. Fortunately, many people with gmail accounts also have spent money on Google products…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Manage all organization's networks in a single pane

The organization node is great, but it would be nice to manage all the projects networks in a single pane.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add labels to Committed Use Discounts so I can leverage the cost-center label in my reporting.

I use a `cost-center` and `env` label to slice up costs and allocate them appropriately. Unfortunately after adding Committed Use Discounts, my calculations are off. Would like to be able to have labels for all resources / SKU's that can generate charges.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cloud consol

Portable Google store

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cloud CDN should have the option to give back a generic URL instead of needing a Load Balancer that requires us to configure an IP

Right now Cloud CDN requires the configuration of a Load Balancer, which costs $18 a month. Furthermore, I am given a global IP that I then need to setup on my own subdomain.

What I want is just a way to put a CDN in front of my bucket. I don't mind using a generic url name such as obfuscatedbucketname.googleapis.com/path/to/my/object

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Google Cloud VPN should also support client server VPN....

Google Cloud VPN should also support client server VPN for end users to connect from their win\mac clients.
    Meantime provide steps to build a basic Windows VPN server \open VPN etc, with LDAP support.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. installing stackdriver agent automatically to all existing instances

is it possible to install software to all instances using google rest api without restarting it

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Google Cloud Platform

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base