Google Cloud Platform

Welcome to the Google Cloud Platform idea forum! You can submit and vote on ideas here to tell the Google Cloud Platform team which features you’d like to see.

This forum is for feature suggestions. If you’re looking for help forums, look here:

We can’t wait to hear from you!

1. Make Google Groups Available for GKE RBAC

Managing permissions on user-level is a mess. As users and their group relations are already available in GCP it would be natural to have this available for RBAC within GKE.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Relative canary and stable maintenance timing settings for projects at the folder level

Right now, it is possible to define maintenance windows for some GCP resources like Cloud SQL instances and GKE clusters at the resource level:
    - https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/instance-settings#maintenance-window-2ndgen
    - https://cloud.google.com/kubernetes-engine/docs/how-to/maintenance-window

CloudSQL even allows to define relative maintenance timing settings
    between instances in the same project: https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/instance-settings#maintenance-timing-2ndgen

> The relative timing of updates is not observed between projects; if you have instances with an earlier timing setting in a different project than your instances with a later timing setting, Cloud SQL makes no attempt to update the instances with the earlier timing setting first.

However, I like to separate staging/pre-production and production environments…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use built in Environment Variables by default instead of default Substitution variables for Cloud Build

Unlike nearly every automated build system, Google Cloud Build does not set environment variables inside of the running build docker containers automatically with the build context information. Instead it has "Substitution Variables" that a developer has to explicitly pass as environment variables. This makes tools that customize information based on the build environment impossible without special configuration to pass the default substitution variables as environment variables to each build step.

https://cloud.google.com/cloud-build/docs/configuring-builds/substitute-variable-values

By default the default substitution variables should be available as environment variables in the build containers. Maybe google could provide an option to disable that functionality for extremely sensitive…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to add additional external IP addresses via Google Cloud interface to the Compute instance

Currently, Google VM instance can have only one external IP address.

It is required in the hosting industry. For example, to add additional dedicated IP for the website.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support PHP (or custom language) in Cloud Functions

Amazon offer the possibility to use PHP in Lambda by allowing people to custom build an Amazon Linux image.

Laravel 6 is releasing in a few weeks and offer the possibility to be run in serverless functions. Laravel Vapor will actually only be available on AWS for now. And we currently use GCP at my work, so we can't use Vapor.

I'm currently studying the difference between Cloud Run and Cloud Function.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. maps combined with alarmclock

Maybe it would be nice to connect google-maps to the alarm-clock.

If I can tell my alarm-clock where I need to be at what time it would be nice if the clock changes the wake up time if there are traffic jams on the route I need to drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stackdriver monitoring metrics for Cloud NAT

Currently it is not possible to monitor the port utilization of Cloud NAT.
    It only has log entries when packets dropped, even the log-based metrics can not figure out if there is a lack of port numbers for the first time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. google map

Serait-il possible, dans google map, lors d'une création itinéraire, de pouvoir accès rapidement à nos adresses enregistré, favoris etc... en dessous du lieu de départ et d'arrivé, il as déjà la possibilité de mettre certaine adresses, pourquoi pas celle enregistré ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Deleting VM and SQL instances - 2FA, time limited soft delete

Appearantly it is really easy to delete for example a VM or database instance. There is no password asked, no big red warning, no 2FA, nothing. I read loads of users that accidentally deleted there VM or SQL instance.

And, we cannot restore anything after we done it. There is no soft-delete. For example, soft-delete it for like 2 hours, and only then permanently delete. It is now unrecoverable, with just a click of the button.

Also, since backups are stored on the instance itself in Cloud SQL, you cannot restore the instance or databases unless you have manually made…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cloud consol

Portable Google store

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alternative to credit card for USING GCP

Hey I'm a student and relatively new to cloud and as a student I CAN NOT afford a credit card and it's not easy to get credit card in my country when you are still a student.
    I understand GCP can't accept debit cards due to VBV or requiring OTP for payment which conflicts with auto pay but that should not be the reason to kick out user as a whole from the service if they can't verify with a credit card?

What if GCP instead allowed user to verify using debit cards and let the user buy a subscription…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. cheaper cloud filestore with low performance

Cloud Filestore is a mountable NFS with good performance. It has two tiers, currently $0.30/GB/mo for super fast and $0.20/GB/mo for fast. Our use case is 100TB of 500k-10MB files that gets randomly accessed, but has a very low speed and IOPS requirement; we are paying a mere $0.04/GB/mo to host this on an old NetApp filer at Rackspace, we don't care about the speed just that it works and has reasonable access latency. It would be nice if Google had a slower tier of NFS that was cheaper and let people with large file repositories (that for whatever reason…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a Graph Database

Add a Graph Database - Tinkerpop and W3C/SPARQL compliant as an alternative to: Stardog, Janusgraph, Neptune. Must support sharding and use of cloud storage for backups.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. vestaCP

vestaCP where open source webhosting are highly recommended for website developer starter

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The Single-Node File server won't launch - failed twice in a row ( singlefs-1 failed to deploy). Good idea - poor execution.

Tried to launch the Single Node File Server 2 times with the same results - "failed to deploy". I hoped this would be a "slam-dunk" ZFS file server launch. After reading through reams of log output - it looks like storage resources failed. I'm not positive, because I don't have time to read through 10K lines of logs to a product I'm not familiar with. Disappointing and a waste of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. primitive roles

The large number of pre-defined roles available in GCP is great but can often make finding regular primitive (Owner, Editor, Viewer and Billing Administrator) roles a time consuming process. A nice little QoL improvement to the platform would be separating these roles out from the rest of the fine-grain roles on the roles dropdown. A simple separator in the dropdown would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support setting a hard maximum spend limit per month

One of the big pain points and fears for startups is that we cannot set a hard spend limit that allows to mitigate the risk of receiving a huge bill at the end of the month if something goes wrong (e.g. service makes unexpected requests, requests from the internet create a lot of load/traffic etc.). Even with the budget alerts we do not feel comfortable that we won't get a large bill because we cannot react fast enough to shut everything down manually.

Therefore, we want to be able to set the maximum amount we are willing to spend per…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prepay for use on Google Cloud

One of the fears everyone has is that we'll start learning on GCP and we'll get a bill for $700,000 at home when a bad line of code spawns up 2million nodes on earth and mars.

I'd like to buy $500 increments in Google Cloud Credits. Then when i hit that limit, you cut me off. This allows to learn safely.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Google Cloud Platform

Categories