Compute Engine

Welcome to the Google Compute Engine idea forum. You can submit and vote on ideas here to tell the Google Compute Engine team which features you’d like to see.

This forum is for feature suggestions, and is visited regularly by Google’s Product Managers. It is not actively monitored by our technical support team. If you’re looking for help forums, look here:

If you are looking to file a bug report for which you do not need 1:1 technical support, you can also visit our Public Issue Tracker

We can’t wait to hear from you!

1. Need to route from forwarding rule port to another port for instances in target pool

Not sure if this is already supported, but my scenario is that I'd like my load balancer to listen for TCP traffic on port 80 and forward traffic to instances in the relevant target pool listening on port 8080.

I tried to find documentation support the above use case to no avail.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Firewall should (optionally) allow IP protocol 41

Adding firewall support for IP protocol 41 (IPv6 encapsulation in IPv4) would allow "sort-of-IPv6" communication without as much work as full IPv6 support.

Issue #8 (IPv6 support) is probably much harder; I suggest protocol-41 support could be a good halfway house.

If native IPv6 support can be added, this would not be needed. (Although other people might want per-protocol control in the firewall for other reasons e.g. SCTP?)

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to have a simple yes/no rule for non-TCP/UDP protocols; I presume anyone turning them on would be able to apply any needed fine-grained control at…

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support IPV6

Support IPV6

1,252 votes
    Vote