Compute Engine

Welcome to the Google Compute Engine idea forum. You can submit and vote on ideas here to tell the Google Compute Engine team which features you’d like to see.

This forum is for feature suggestions, and is visited regularly by Google’s Product Managers. It is not actively monitored by our technical support team. If you’re looking for help forums, look here:

If you are looking to file a bug report for which you do not need 1:1 technical support, you can also visit our Public Issue Tracker

We can’t wait to hear from you!

1. Instance mirror

Add possibility to have a mirror of another instance in production at the time that something happens to the instance automatically pass to the other. Among the instances there is a simultaneous data synchronization to meet this need and it's only change the IP if necessary

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to fix Brother Printer Error 50?

Hello, I am facing this problem for a long time. I am not able to work due to this Brother Printer Error 50 problem. Please suggest me any solution to get out of this solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Canon Printer Error b200

Steps to Fix Canon Printer Error Code B200 by Support Team. Contact Canon Printer Support Number +1-888-633-7151 to fix Canon Printer Error B200.https://www.canonprintersupport247.com/blog/how-to-fix-canon-printer-error-code-b200/

Reasons for choosing our expert teams:

24*7 customer assistance
    Transparent transactions
    A dedicated team of professionals
    Free consultations

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Set enable-oslogin in project-wide metadata so that it applies to all of the instances in your project: Go to the Metadata page.

"Set enable-oslogin in project-wide metadata so that it applies to all of the instances in your project:

Go to the Metadata page.

Go to the Metadata page
    Click Edit.
    Add a metadata entry where the key is enable-oslogin and the value is TRUE. Alternatively, set the value to FALSE to disable the feature.
    Click Save to apply the changes.

"

There is no edit button. The only button is to add metadata, which takes a key value pair. there is no option to turn on os-logon here

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Croned power off of hole proyect

It would be nice to have the option to power off all the instances in a project.
    Some days ( Saturday and Sunday) it's not necessary to have running some projects so it would be great to have a button or a crone to power off the proyect until is needed again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. gcloud beta compute instances create-with-container multiple network interfaces support

gcloud beta compute instances create-with-container command should support creation of multiple network interfaces same as plain create command.
    currently it ignores the definition of other --network-interface beyond the first one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we believe this is a bug in gcloud. Similar functionality is possible through the Console UI (website). Our team is aware of the issue, however you may find it more helpful to file a bug in our Public Issue Tracker. To avoid a goose chase, I’m leaving this entry open here for now, but please be aware that UV is mostly for Feature Requests and staffed lightly, unlike the Issue Tracker which is staffed by our support team (and integrated into our internal bug tracking). If you’d like to file an Issue, the GCE tracker 1 please go ahead, and 2 has more information on how to use our Issue Trackers in general. Thx!

1 https://issuetracker.google.com/savedsearches/559755
    2 https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers

8. Notation mistake

Notation mistake

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Operations page should show scopes (global, regional, or zonal) as a column and/or in details page

Compute Engine > Operations page should have a column that specifies if the operation is Global, Regional, or Zonal. The API has three distinct methods: globalOperations, regionOperations and zoneOperations. The only way to tell which method the API should be calling is to view the operation details and see it in the URL. There isn't even a field in the details page to specify the scope.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can the region list show the cities name when creating GCE instance?

Can the region list show the cities name when creating GCE instance?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We need to allow users to create Firewalls from a VM.

You have to leave the page you are on, copy IP addresses, and create a Firewall entry. We have it the backwards way...but I am usually trying to figure out why packets aren't getting to my box. Also, would be nice to provide some information to the customer that would help them debug why connectivity is not happening?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add internal ip ssh support to cloud console

It would be nice to ssh into an instance that doesn't have an external IP via the cloud console. This is currently supported by gcloud beta (however, it hangs for me), but this is not nearly as user friendly/efficient as sshing via the cloud console.

This is an important feature as there are quotas for the # of external IPs a project can have in a region. For most of my instances, I don't need external IPs, but I have to have them in order to ssh into them via the cloud console. This forces me to hit the quota…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an ability to change Zone of existing VM Instance when default one unable to connect

I'm trying to connect US-EAST1-b for Existing VM instance but unable to connect, Trying to change to different Zone through VPC network settings but unable to do so. Hence posting above idea.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it simple to login for a first time user. I have given up

Haven't got time to take a weeks course to find out how to log in to one of your VMs
    Much to complicated to get started on this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. debit card is not accepting as a payment metthod showing some error while making payment pplease correct it asap.

it should accept debit card like rupay card for verification while varification it shows some erroe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. debit card is not accepting as a payment metthod showing some error while making payment pplease correct it asap.

it should accept debit card like rupay card for verification while varification it shows some erroe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Real time plots of the CPU usage available to embed in a web interface.

I would want to, based on an instance id, get returned a link to / or some embeddable code to put in my own web interface, so my user can watch their instance humming away. (In my example, the user would be watching their container build).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea. This might be a bit beyond what would make sense for us to provide as a core platform capability, but it could definitely be done with something like a collectd agent (for example the version Stackdriver uses) and some downstream tech.

19. I spent several days to learn how to install docker and run tensor flow in google cloud.

Even though I spent several days and tried to find out a way to do, still I cannot figure out Udacity Deep Learning class with TensorFlow.
    Instead, I tried to do same thing in AWS. it is difficult but can figure out it finally. There is NO correct (updated) instruction in google cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. a new microVM with openSUSE 42.1 Leap keeps restarting, can't find root device

Tried in different zones (Europe-west-d and US-east-d)

Below is the boot log taken via serial console

Serial console output for instance-1

SeaBIOS (version 1.8.2-20160510_123855-google)
    Total RAM Size = 0x0000000026600000 = 614 MiB
    CPU Mhz=2301
    CPUs found: 1 Max CPUs supported: 1
    found virtio-scsi at 0:3
    virtio-scsi vendor='Google' product='PersistentDisk' rev='1' type=0 removable=0
    virtio-scsi blksize=512 sectors=16777216 = 8192 MiB
    [ 6.723001] VFS: Cannot open root device "(null)" or unknown-block(1,0): error -6
    [ 6.724134] Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:
    [ 6.725299] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0) …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Compute Engine

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base