Compute Engine

Welcome to the Google Compute Engine idea forum. You can submit and vote on ideas here to tell the Google Compute Engine team which features you’d like to see.

This forum is for feature suggestions, and is visited regularly by Google’s Product Managers. It is not actively monitored by our technical support team. If you’re looking for help forums, look here:

If you are looking to file a bug report for which you do not need 1:1 technical support, you can also visit our Public Issue Tracker

We can’t wait to hear from you!

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't find options to set up GPU.

I came here to try out Compute Engine with GPUs. Blog Posts told me that this is possible. I thought I upgraded to a paid account and added my credit card. However I can't find the GPUs listed under "quota".

I suspect that your philosophy is that serious users will be able to navigate this byzantine system, but it is frustrating not to be able to get started; in fact that prevents me from BECOMING a serious user.

Hmm, how can you tell if your account is “upgraded” so that you should be able to see the “Google Compute Engine”…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about your experience, we’ll look into making the experience easier to use. In the meantime however, please visit the gce-discussion Google Group if you need some tips in the right direction to get started.

3. gcloud commands auto copy to clipboard

So in most parts of the gcp console when it click show gcloud command it auto selects the whole line and copies it to your clipboard. For example the GKE creation screen.

Now logging into a GCE vm via gcloud ssh, it does not do it here, you have to manually select the whole line and copy the text.

This is inconstant ux design and should be fixed, thats all.

I request that GCP adds the same behaviour to ssh logins.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add note about maximum execution time allowed for shutdown script on preemption event of a preemptible instance

Add note about maximum execution time allowed for shutdown script on preemption event for a preemptible instance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Alias tables for firewall rules

Alias tables should be for firewall rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi, Is it possible to select the multiple disks while creating snapshot scheduler in the same project or from multiple projects as well.

Hi, Is it possible to select the multiple disks while creating snapshot scheduler in the same project or from multiple projects as well. like,while creating vms from image we see multiple project in image tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add ability to reduce boot disk size

It would be nice to be able to reduce boot disk size. Currently there is easy way to increase disk size, but not to reduce.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make graphs anchoreable at a specific time.

The graphs are nice but there is no obvious way to zoom onto 1 hour 3 days ago for example. This also means that if I give the link to a console to someone and he opens it a few hours later, he won't see what I meant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, that’s an interesting suggestion. In the meantime, if you have a lot of needs around monitoring and graphing, you might want to check out Stackdriver, which has a richer set of functionality than the simple graphs on our console (though I’m not sure if it allows you to anchor a graph).

9. Payment in advance (pre-paid) via local Indonesia bank account, e.g. BCA. BNI, Mandiri

Payment in advance (pre-paid) via local Indonesia bank account, e.g. BCA. BNI, Mandiri. User GCP can pay in advance via local bank accounts easily. Not only use credit card. Or use Indonesia local payment processor like Doku.
    User can top up balance in GCP via local bank account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. quota apply can create to user profile with a name

Let user can define their quota in a name and can be quickly apply to their other project...

ex: production-big-server-farm for 2000 cpu core and 100 static ip address...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Progress tracking feature in documentation

The documentation section is pretty useful, but vast. It would be good to have progress tracking feature in the Documentation section, so users could track and have a record of the sections covered and the ones they need to cover.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Processor usage chart on micro and small instances.

Processor usage chart on micro and small instances is unclear. It should be clear if 100% on the graph indicates the available power for the shared instance or the entire processor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. cloud sql access from compute enqine

Hi, maybe I'm missing something but it seems insanely difficult to connect to Cloud SQL postgres instance from compute engine.
    I setup a simple PHP script attempting to connect but getting Error 500 response. The same script on my network is working perfectly. I put a firewall exception in Compute Engine to allow the connection, and Cloud SQL would not allow me to add Compute Engine's IP as its from a private network.
    I cannot really run a LAMP stack as the data needs are very high. Is there any way to enable access? I know this should be possible…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to set tag in instance group (and not just template)

This will be very helpful in using the same template for multiple environments, i.e. dev/staging/prod but tagging each instance with a different tag, for example web-app-dev/web-app-stg/web-app-prod

It is also possible to use these tags for deployments and configuration management tasks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Larger - More Persistent Disks per Intance

Our offering could use more than 64TB of persistent storage per instance. In our case either allowing a larger disk size or multiple 64TB disks would be an improvement. For now, the most I could see us needing would be around 500TB but of course someday that will sound tiny :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to select the VPC and subnet that the VM should get created using the GPC Console

I want to select the VPC and subnet that the VM should get created using the GPC Console

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add button rebuild cloud

I think google shoud add rebuild cloud button same as Vultr or Digital Ocean.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. --boot-disk-size parameter check is wrong

"gcloud compute instance-templates create" fails when '--boot-disk-size' is less than 10 while creation of the template using web interface succeeds. Steps to reproduce:
    1) create custom image that requires a boot disk of 1GB.
    2) Using web interface start to create an instance template using that image not changing the size of the requested boot image.
    3) Obtain the CLI command to create the image from the web interface.
    4) try to execute it.

creating a template using web interface or issuing the same command with --boot-disk-size option omitted successfully creates an instance template with boot disk size equal to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add CPU and MEM info on the group's instances list page table

you could add CPU and MEM info on the group's instances list page table, which will save time when starting to debug a surge ..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Chrome Remote Desktop to Linux instance on GCE?

Hi,

I have tried using VNC to connect to my GCE instances but I would much rather use Chrome Remote Desktop because it is secure and the resolution scales to the display that I am using to view it.

I tried installing it on Ubuntu Instances but couldn't get past the step where Chrome asks for the root password to enable remote connections.

Is this something you expect to work?

Dan

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately we aren’t staffed on this forum to answer interactive support questions. Please visit our discussion forum 1 or other sites like StackOverflow to get interactive help.

1 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gce-discussion

I’m marking this as under review rather than declined, such that if there is a specific request that comes out of this, you can maybe comment here and turn this into an item to track that.

• Don't see your idea?

Compute Engine

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base