Compute Engine

Welcome to the Google Compute Engine idea forum. You can submit and vote on ideas here to tell the Google Compute Engine team which features you’d like to see.

This forum is for feature suggestions, and is visited regularly by Google’s Product Managers. It is not actively monitored by our technical support team. If you’re looking for help forums, look here:

If you are looking to file a bug report for which you do not need 1:1 technical support, you can also visit our Public Issue Tracker

We can’t wait to hear from you!

1. Chrome Remote Desktop to Linux instance on GCE?

Hi,

I have tried using VNC to connect to my GCE instances but I would much rather use Chrome Remote Desktop because it is secure and the resolution scales to the display that I am using to view it.

I tried installing it on Ubuntu Instances but couldn't get past the step where Chrome asks for the root password to enable remote connections.

Is this something you expect to work?

Dan

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for your question. Unfortunately we aren’t staffed on this forum to answer interactive support questions. Please visit our discussion forum 1 or other sites like StackOverflow to get interactive help.

1 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gce-discussion

I’m marking this as under review rather than declined, such that if there is a specific request that comes out of this, you can maybe comment here and turn this into an item to track that.

2. tuanangiang1991@gmail.com

Ứng dụng tốt

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 0 votes
    Vote