Compute Engine

Welcome to the Google Compute Engine idea forum. You can submit and vote on ideas here to tell the Google Compute Engine team which features you’d like to see.

This forum is for feature suggestions, and is visited regularly by Google’s Product Managers. It is not actively monitored by our technical support team. If you’re looking for help forums, look here:

If you are looking to file a bug report for which you do not need 1:1 technical support, you can also visit our Public Issue Tracker

We can’t wait to hear from you!

1. More Dashboard Metrics / Charts needed

More Dashboard Metrics / Charts needed

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't ping, can't remote google cloud

in 4 days, I have found a lot of solutions. but all don't success. I asked the experts in justanswer.com, experthelp.com, freelancer.com .v.v but they can't help me.

i hope you help me soon, I sincerely grateful, thanks you so much!

(my english is not good, hope you can understand)

/// Information More ///

Project ID anbangnews-994 Project number 1014672145918

instance anbangnews-1

I changed ip address (internet protocol version 4 TCP/IPV4, NOT automatically ip) in server google cloud ( by remote server) . Then i can't Ping + Access + remote server. So, how i can change ip address automatically…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This item is unfortunately very old. From the video, it seems that there is not much time allowed between creating the instance and trying to ping it. A Windows instance can take several minutes to boot, perhaps that his the issue. But you also report that you “changed IP and DNS” but not clear if that means on your setup outside GCP or something else. Commonly network problems like these are caused by customer-side issues like firewall or filtering rules in their own network, preventing connection to GCP.

If this is still an active issue, please consider posting on a forum like the gce-discussion Google Group, we have support engineers there on a regular basis who can assist you further.

3. Instance Doesnt boot correctly, hangs on - “a start job is running for LSB: Raise network Interface..”

My VM was shutdown due to end of Trial. However i have since made payment and started other instances.
    GCE UI shows this system as successfully booted, however looking at the serial port it shows the following (see image)
    Any ideas how to fix this ?

Screenshot of Boot Error: https://i.stack.imgur.com/0C2rN.png

[ 6.895575] ppdev: user-space parallel port driver
    [ 6.951588] ip6_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
    [ 6.993046] AVX version of gcm_enc/dec engaged.
    [ 6.996351] alg: No test for __gcm-aes-aesni (__driver-gcm-aes-aesni)
    [ 7.001659] alg: No test for crc32 (crc32-pclmul)
    [ OK ] Started LSB: start firewall.
    [***] A start job…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cannot use port 587, 465, 2525 and 25 for SMTP email using SendGrid and Postfix in Debian

I have configured SendGrid but it cannot be done. I cannot open ports 587, 465, 2525 and 25 which is I think needed for SendGrid to be working fine using Google Cloud Instance.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, this forum is only meant for feature requests, and you are filing a technical support issue. Please visit the gce-discussion Google Group or other forums dedicated to Sendgrid to get more support for this configuration question. Note that ports 465 and 587 are both supported as outgoing ports. GCE does not allow 2525 or 25 outbound at this time.

5. Unable to access server from compute

Unable to access server from compute

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I miss the change ip address (internet protocol version 4 TCP/IPV4, NOT automatically ip) in server google cloud ( by remote server) . After

I miss the change ip address (internet protocol version 4 TCP/IPV4, NOT automatically ip) in server google cloud ( by remote server) . After i can't Ping + Access + remote server. So, how i can change ip address automatically when i can't connect and remote Server?

Please view video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo2BagV72pWQ Thanks you so much!

Information More:
    - Network
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxmjqS0_qwAgTWY0d2xBcnRmX0E/view?usp=sharing
    - Instance
    anbangnews-1 us-central1-f
    anbangnews-1

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This appears to be an old support request, but there is not enough information here to help with, and the youtube video no longer exists. Please try posting on the gce-discussion google group if you still need help with this issue.

7. A hundred claps !

A hundred claps to Google for sending recommendations for Google Compute instances... Recommendations for upgrading performance but also recommendations to save money.

We don't encounter such companies every day, at least here in Cameroon!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. don't change the color of the top bar

don't change the color of the top bar. keep it fixed throughout, so that less distraction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. contraseña vps

al iniciar mi vps pongo los datos que me dan el user y genera la pass del user pero al inicar dice que es incorrecto

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, from Google Translate, it seems you are asking for help with a password issue with a server VM you have created. I’m sorry, but this UserVoice forum is for feature requests only, we are unable to interact 1:1 with users for tech support. Please review cloud.google.com/support to review your options for getting technical support (Stackoverflow, gce-discussion Google Group, or filing cases if you have a support contract).

10. rdp does not work for virtual windows?

I download chorome rdp, it does not worked.

I also tried the rdp connection file appears in the cloud platform, but it also not working.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please visit or search for historical postings to the Google Group “gce-discussion.” This is a common issue. Note, this forum here on UserVoice is only for feature requests, we can’t provide support here. :/

11. Sellable Commitment

In AWS, we can sell commitment(Reversed Instance) to Marketplace. I think Google should have same one. That'll be great!

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea. Customer feedback has been very clear that mechanisms to auction commitments available from other providers actually don’t work very well because there is not much of a market (not much demand). We’ve focused instead on making flexible products that don’t lock you into your choices (so you wouldn’t need to sell them in the first place).

12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, sorry, but we aren’t setup to address individual support questions here. Please visit the communities on places such as StackExchange/Overflow or the gce-discussion Google Group to find peers and support staff that can answer specific questions.

13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry, but we aren’t able to provide individualized customer support in this forum. Please post to StackOverflow or the gce-discussion Google Group if you need help with a specific issue (it sounds like you’re speaking about an error message, but it’s not clear what the problem is that you’re describing).

14. K80 broken

Hi, one of the K80 on my compute instance seems to be broken but I can't find anywhere else to report.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase GPU compute engine quotas in trial accounts

In order to fully assess the price for a computation during a trial perioud, it is important to be able to run benchmarks across multiple architectures, including multi-GPU ones. As of now, free trial accounts only have access to 1 GPU globally.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is BBR available by default on Ubuntu 16?

If not, why not? The kernel is 4.13.0-1017-gcp, so I guess it supports BBR?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello, I noticed that there is no access to the machine

Hello, I noticed that there is no access to the machine from some types of addresses, or rather from some regions.
    195.26.80.0 - 195.26.83.255
    80.245.118.224 - 80.245.118.239
    Why?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry, but we’re not able to provide technical support on this forum. Please post on the Google Group “gce-discussion” where or tech support staff can engage in a discussion with you to answer any questions they may have about your report (or, if you have a support contract with us, please file a case).

Thanks

18. I am unable to connect to my instance from the Console

When I try to connect to my instance from console (https://console.cloud.google.com/compute/instances?project=adesignaward-20141121&graph=GCE_CPU&duration=PT1H) , I get first: Transferring SSH keys to the VM and then Connection Failed
    An error occurred while communicating with the SSH server. Check the server and the network configuration. Our domain has become offline, the CPU utilisation shows 0%, and our domain no longer accepts connections. FTP Server also does not work, it seems our instance became non-responsive however we are unable to recover this in any way. Also it is not possible to get in touch to request help.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the delay, I’m assuming you have moved past this issue one way or another. In the future, you might want to try our serial console access feature, which allows you to interact with a VM’s boot menu. You may also find more customer support people in the gce-discussion Google Group who can help suggest things to try for situations like this.

19. MOSH

Mosh: kill the (perception of) lag, kill it dead.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. when i open a taiwan instance,it get a american ip,i need a taiwan ip

as same as title,now taiwan vm get a american ip, i need taiwan ip...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry, but there’s really not such a thing as a “Taiwan IP.” It is possible to register with ARIN the general location of use for an IP, however Google does not do this. We have a large number of IP blocks, and we do not maintain geographical bindings for our IPs. IPs from Google instances are assigned a Google IP. This does not mean traffic from the machine is being routed back through the US, it will typically exit our global WAN through the most efficient route to a Google edge POP.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Compute Engine

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base