(thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPaul Nash (Product Manager, GCE, Google) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately we are unable to provide guidance about Microsoft's licensing policies for obvious reasons. That said, it's a reasonable question as to whether or not the new Sole Tenant feature would help customers license their VMs to run Windows client licenses. Here are some general comments I can make: it is important to note that Sole Tenant merely guarantees that no other customers' VMs will run on the physical host. It does not guarantee that you will run on the same physical host, forever. Windows client licenses tend to be assigned primarily by tying to a physical machine, and typically are not easily transferrable from one physical machine to another. Assuming these generalizations were true for your scenario, you would need to evaluate whether you believe that you have the licensing rights to install and use a client OS on a Sole Tenant VM. Note, we currently have not announced any plans to sell VMs or licenses for Windows client OSes in cloud (much as we might be happy to do so, were it feasible).

As to, "will it boot" : this is an untested/unsupported configuration, and we can't make any statements about whether it works or would continue to work in the future, since we aren't able to offer this capability through any means known to us that Microsoft's licensing programs provide.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I might be little off topic but

Please try to..
        Add local SSD to ultra men

Also when I create mega meme instances before that, when in the “ add a instance page” it doesn’t show me the budget monthly bill

In all other instances it does but in megamem it doesn’t why???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well if that’s the case then,
        Let me contact Microsoft and tell them,

And what if we are own license key

Why do you care so much? It’s microsoft do it secretly I don’t understand why

If I was there I would have secretly put it, also tell them that Azure has windows 7 and windows 10 , why can’t google

Please please tell me what they say. Thanks

• Salifrt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add these images, azure aldready has windows 10 and 8 and 7

Please add these images to gcp,
        Also in the shielded VM I created a 3.8Tb ram server

Wow I only got 700gig ram from it Other 3 tb is reserved by hardware

please fix it too

• Salifrt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want GCP to have windows

They have windows but only windows server

I want real windows like 7 or 8 or 10

Please add this feature

• AdminPaul Nash (Product Manager, GCE, Google) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi eyalb,

I'm afraid we can't answer that for you, because we're not aware of any current scenarios where a Windows 7 license would be valid for use in a multi-tenant public cloud. We can only say for the moment that Google is not able to provide any official support for Windows client operating systems.

• YuLong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope to be able to negotiate with Microsoft, increase the Windows Professional Edition operating system. Some people only need a stable operating environment (continuous power and network). The server version of the operating system features too much.

Hi, unfortunately we are currently prevented from offering Windows client operating systems in our public cloud by restrictions in Microsoft's licensing terms. We would love to offer these instance types for the many customer use cases that want them, but we do not have a good option to do so presently.

• Angela Simms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Google Chrome, between windows & Microsoft I have no Idea what on it except few things, but
        it would be great to make a New and improve Compute out of it, by Google Engine & Developers. But I also have a great Idea to add to Couputer, but can't say at this point. will you help me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base