How can we improve Compute Engine?

Please let us add more storage...

Even after the 65536 Limit

I can’t seem to add other drives EVEN after quota increase

Also I usually get lot of errors making big VMs due to availability

Please please improve

I want at least 100Tb storage as external!

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Salifrt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminPaul Nash (Product Manager, GCE, Google) responded  · 

Thanks, as you mention 64TB is the current limit for total attached storage capacity, regardless of how many disks you use. We’re always considering improvements and will update this item if we and an increase to our plans.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPaul Nash (Product Manager, GCE, Google) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Salifrt,

Regarding the Shielded VM memory availability issue you mentioned, the engineering team is aware of that issue and it should be addressed in a forthcoming update/deployment. Thanks for helping evaluate the beta of Shield VMs functionality.

I happened to see this comment, but please feel free to utilize forums like the gce-discussion Google Group or our Public Issue Tracker to report bugs or problems with specific existing functionality, as we're not setup to handle bug reports in this particular venue (which is focused instead on mid to long term requests for improvements/new functionality).

• Salifrt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, In shielded VM When we create the 3.8TB ram, There are problems of windows 2016 aloocating all, windows only takes 760Gb ram i think......But without shilded vm it works.... the full 3.8Tb ram!

Feedback and Knowledge Base