How can we improve Compute Engine?

Instance-templates - define additional disk to be created and attached on instance create

Instance-templates - define additional disk to be created and attached on instance create

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jgrasser@google.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sophia Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is supported now, just repeat the "initializeParams" in your request for additional disks. Thanks!

• Josh Junon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here is my use-case:

- Base (boot) database image with the database already configured and installed - this part is fine; templates support create boot disks out of images.
    - Base image is configured to use a mounted disk (/dev/sdb1) at a particular location for storing persistent data
    - A "data" image has been created as well that holds an empty ext4 filesystem with a few permissions set.
    - I need to be able to specify to the instance that it should also create an extra disk from that "data" image; template instances don't support this, and thus I need to manually create new instances of those disks to attach to the newly created instances.

Feedback and Knowledge Base