App Engine

1. Allow Cloud CDN with App Engine Flexible Environment

This would be a huge benefit for anyone who's using the flex environment but doesn't want to dive into the full on Compute Engine yet.

Since the recent update, it was mentioned Flex is making use of the HTTP(s) load balancer now - so this should be ready to implement.

Especially for someone like me (down in South Africa), being able to take advantage of the edge servers would be great.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Justin Beckwith responded

Thanks for the request! This is something we’re going to take a serious look at doing soon.

2. BUG: object change notification nodejs nginx redirect not supported

It looks like I found a bug with the nodejs flex environment which cause requests from "object change notification" that are sent to it to fail. The nginx config is responding with a 307 redirect because the requests contains the header `x-appengine-apphosting-gfe: yes` and the object change notification does not seem to support redirects, so my nodejs app never receives the POST requests.

Right now, my workaround is to SSH into the app engine instances after each deployment, access the nginx docker container (using docker exec -i -t nginx /bin/bash) and modify the nginx config by hand to remove the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

App Engine

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base