Container Engine

1. Container engine should accept valid subnet for container address range

When provisioning container engine, entering any valid subnet into the container address range causes the build to immediately fail on a regex failure. It appears that the decorative /14 UI element never makes it into the data and cluster.cluster_ipv4_cidr, failing to include the /14.

Further, the cli command suggested by the UI appears to not accept the --container_ipv4_cidr parameter in any form, with our without the /14 and seems the --container_ipv4_cidr argument itself is invalid.

The 10/8 subnet collides with the far side of a VPN connection and, as we'd already adopted (fortunately) the upper bounds of the 172 range…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monitor the number of nodes in a node pool via Stack Driver

There does not seem to be a metric in Stack Driver for how many nodes a node pool has.
    With autoscaling enabled, this would be an interesting metric to show in dashboards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a way to update scopes on existing container node-pools.

There is no good way to currently update scopes. There are going to be times where scopes are originally set incorrectly or needs change. Addressing this would be useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create Actual Working Documentation on How to Get Jenkins CI/CD working for GKE!

Create Actual Working Documentation on How to Get Jenkins CI/CD working for GKE! This documentation doesn't have enough troubleshooting information to reliably bring up a working CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins on GKE: https://cloud.google.com/solutions/continuous-delivery-jenkins-container-engine#deploying_a_canary_release
    The Jenkins setup on GKE relies too much on features that are available in Jenkins only when installed on GKE, it's not generic enough. We should be able to deploy Jenkins anywhere and it should be able to deploy to GKE without requiring a "magic" feature which is only available in Jenkins if installed on GKE.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For multi-AZ clusters, failure to create a new node due to no capacity in one AZ should retry on another

Just ended up in a situation where my cluster was trying to autoscale but couldn't create a new node in zones/asia-east1-c because it didn't have resources available - this caused autoscaling to just give up.

However, my cluster spans asia-east1-b and asia-east1-c, and by manually creating a new GCE machine in c I was able to make it work.

It'd be good if this was automatic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hybrid Public/Private Clusters

Given the (now-Beta) support for private clusters, it would be great to be able to support hybrid cluster environments, where some node pools only allocate a private IP, and other node pools can allocate a public IP and be accessible directly.

So far as I can tell, this is sort of possible today, by editing the instances that GKE creates when managing a node pool. I don't see any reason why simply adding a public IP to an instance should break anything (indeed it doesn't seem to on manual changes), so hopefully this is just as simple as exposing the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Container engine not creating instance template

On Nov 6th and 13th, the container engine created an instance template when I created a new cluster. It will not do that now. Why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Container Engine

Categories