Cloud Deployment Manager

1. Allow selection of service account for deployment manager

When deploying resources cross-project, the limitation of the deployment manager service account to using only a default service account within an existing project is restrictive.

The creation of some resources (e.g. buckets) via deployment manager appears to be limited only to the gcloud configured project despite the api supporting creation on other projects.

Deploying projects should not involve a manual step to configure access for the created service account so it can deploy items itself.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow future deployments to access outputs of previously deployed deployments.

For instance,

We tier the deployments for Projects, folders, firewall rules, networks compute etc.

We would like to expose the outputs for a deployment for our network.
    Then having future deployments be able to consume the outputs of a previous seperate deploy so we can reference say subnetwork ID's.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Error message could be improved for project creation failure

Scenario: Project with ID 'website' is in soft delete state under my Organization.
    Action: Try to recreate project with DM, using same project ID, under the same organization.
    Result: {"code":403,"message":"The
    caller does not have permission","status":"PERMISSION_DENIED","statusMessage":"Forbidden","requestPath":"https://cloudresourcemanager.googleapis.com/v1/projects/website","httpMethod":"GET"}}';

Things I tried: Granted DM service account nearly every permission I could imagine, including several that included 'resourcemanager.projects.get'

I eventually determined that it was a conflict with the deleted project.

It would be awesome if this could return something like: 409, CONFLICT, Target resource is in soft delete state and ID cannot be reused.

3h of my life, gone! Fortunately DM has saved…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Deployment usimg Web ui for visualizing the template param.

Create a browser based snippet extension, allow it read an replace the value to y'aml or ninja template.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide an SDK for various languages to manipulate (at least read) a config

While I assume one can use the remote APIs to query the contents of a deployment (e.g. find instances), a programmatic interface to at least read the structure of a deployment configuration would be great to write custom tooling. E.g. something that would for instance do a rolling update of GCE instances with some custom health checks in between.

The ability to mutate the structure would be a great addition to this, for use cases where the provided update is insufficient (doesn't support the intended intermediate steps). E.g if adding a new local-ssd to an existing instance, the current update…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we use Deployment Manager for deploying Google app engine services?

I am deploying all my application to Appengine. I found a "Development" tool in the Developer Console and configured it to sync my Appengine project files. I utilized the online editing feature to edit an appengine project file through the Development tool. I made changes and committed the code. So I want to know whether it is possible to use deployment manager for deploying the app engine services??

Can someone help me on how I can use the Deployment Manager to deploy the changes I made online? I went through the Deployment Manager documentation online but it doesn't speak of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use python, javascript or other languages to generate yaml file

I recently tried AWS CDK which can use familiar language to generate cloudformation yaml file deploy services. I wonder whether GCP have something in plan?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Preview for delete operation

Like create/update operation, the delete operation should also have --preview flag to give an idea of what resources that will be destroyed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Set labels on all deployed resources

When adding labels to the deployment, for example with "gcloud deployment-manager deployments create gcpinfra --description "Testing deploy" --labels costcenter=12345,owner=team-xyz --config=/usr/local/share/test.yaml" these labels should be propagated to all resources that gets created. Now these labels only are shown on the deployment "gcpinfra"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. No method found to update field 'networkInterfaces'

No method found to update field 'networkInterfaces'

when trying to update the static ip an instance is using with a new one. If we can manually update the static ip on a running instance we should not be getting this error

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Your "environment variables" turn out to not be what is normally meant by environment variables. This is misleading and time wasting.

Your "environment variables" turn out to not be what is normally meant by environment variables. This is misleading and time wasting. Call them something else (or make them actually work for real environment variables).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. State Transitions for Deployment Manager

It would be good if we can take a previewed deployment to real deployment. I don't know what command to issue on a deployment to have it proceed further after a successful preview. Right now, I cancel-preview, delete and then call the create again to deploy the config file stuff.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DM Control logic flow/usecases needed for customizations with more examples on python and json processing

No idea how the yaml process the "gcloud deployment-manager deployments create" and control flow and usecases. Its required if I want to customize the yaml to suit my requirement in which I need pass values dynamically from a json file. Also in case of python, there were no stand alone python code template example provided(without using YAML). How to get a support here?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support importing Google Cloud Python Packages into Cloud Deployment Manager Python Templates

https://cloud.google.com/deployment-manager/docs/configuration/templates/import-python-libraries

The set of supported Python libraries is quite limited. It would nice if one could import `google.cloud.biqquery` and use some of Google's existing library code (eg. https://github.com/googleapis/google-cloud-python/blob/master/bigquery/google/cloud/bigquery/schema.py) to write Python GDM templates.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Cloud Deployment Manager

Categories